Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Walking to School-- the end of Greenish Challenge #1

And... the end of kindergarten and third grade. Here we are on the first day--

   




And here we are on the last day. Some of us have matured so much that we will not condescend to pose for a picture at school.

We started our walking to school challenge right around the time I left my job and this one has gone really well. I picked them up one day for a dentist appointment, but other than that, we walked both ways, every day. This one was really pretty easy, and Rachel discovered that unlike the Wicked Witch, she does not melt if she gets a little wet. I have a giant "Mama Coat" on loan from a friend so Sam felt no pain on those rainy days. Adam had much better mornings at school after the exercise. It makes me sad that he will be getting steadily less and less physical activity throughout his school day-- he concentrates so much better when he gets frequent opportunities to run. We run him in the church garden before services and you can see a huge difference in his behavior.







And now the countdown begins....

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think boys are made for running. I do wish that schools made better accommodations for young boys.

    ReplyDelete